Idaho Health Insurance
Have you been searching for affordable health insurance in Idaho? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Everyone deserves the safety net of health insurance for any unexpected medical emergency. You never know if you’ll need to go to the hospital for a broken limb, a serious illness, or just routine care. Health insurance covers those unforeseen costs.
There are plenty of health insurance options, but not all are affordable, nor do all of them offer what you may need. Health care can be costly, so it’s important to have that financial stability in case of a serious injury or illness. You don’t have to look far to see the affordable health insurance options in Idaho.
Below is a list of health insurance companies with a description and what they have to offer.
Blue Cross of Idaho
With over 70 years of service and experience, Blue Cross of Idaho is the state’s oldest health insurer. Their goal has always been to help members improve their lives by providing quality health care and financial peace.
Blue Cross of Idaho works with local health care providers to ensure those goals are met. Plenty of online resources are available through their website as well, including updated information on COVID-19.
Here is a summary of their health insurance plan options:
- Individual and Family: For individuals and families, Blue Cross offers access plans, Affordable Care Act plans, and short-term plans, which are available for six-month terms. Additionally, dental and vision are available for individuals and families.
- Medicare: Medicare plans provide low copays, $0 generic drugs, a larger provider network, and more. Supplemental benefits include dental, hearing, and vision.
- Medicaid: Medicaid plus is a plan that covers anything under Medicaid services, like behavioral health and nursing facility care.
- Employer Group: Whether you work for a small or large business, you can get health insurance.
- Travel Insurance: There are many travel health insurance options, whether for a single short trip or an extended trip.
- The website is easy to navigate.
- The company is communicative about COVID-19.
- The plans cover anyone who lives in Idaho.
- Plans will likely change if you move to a different state.
- Short-term plans are only available for up to six months.
United Healthcare aims to offer health plans for all ages and lifestyles. They’re dedicated to providing just what people need to live healthier lives from a young age through retirement.
Additionally, United Healthcare serves millions of people, making them a reliable health insurance option. They partner with more than 1.3 million physicians and health care professionals so you can access care at any time.
Below are just a few of the health care plans United Healthcare has to offer in Idaho:
- Individual and Family: Individual and family plans are perfect for those who can’t get insurance through an employer or for those who are self-employed.
- Short-Term Health Insurance: If you only need insurance for a short period, you can access short-term health insurance.
- Supplemental Plans: You can always add on to an insurance plan you choose.
- Dental and Vision: Dental and vision plans have no age limit restrictions.
- Medicare: Those who are 65+ or who qualify because of a disability can access Medicare plans.
- Medicaid: If you have a limited income, Medicaid is a low-cost or no-cost option.
- United Healthcare provides a wide range of plan options.
- Small business insurance is available through United Healthcare.
- The website is easy to use.
- Larger companies may not be able to offer health insurance with United Healthcare.
- Benefits may be state-specific, so they could change if you move.
Humana puts health first by helping people keep their well-being throughout their lifetime. The company has high expectations for itself to give you the best health care and insurance. You can ensure you’ll find a perfect insurance plan to fit your needs, all at an affordable price.
Below are the insurance options they offer for those living in Idaho:
- Medicare: Through Humana, you can get Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, and Prescription Only coverage.
- Dental and Vision: You can add dental and vision plans to your primary plan or get the coverage on its own.
- Pharmacy: Humana provides a list of covered drugs, and you can compare various drug plans.
- Employer Group Insurance: Employers can get an estimated quote for their business.
- The website is easy to navigate.
- The list of covered drugs for pharmacy coverage is right on the website.
- There are more Medicare options than other health insurance groups.
- Medicaid is not available through Humana for those living in Idaho.
- Short-term plans are not explicitly stated on the website.
Choose Affordable Health Insurance in Idaho
No matter where you live in Idaho, these insurance groups will have you covered. You deserve the best and most affordable health insurance, so take time to look at your options before choosing to ensure the best value for the best price.