Welcome to Body+Mind! As you’ve probably already gathered, we are a health and wellness website that covers everything from lifestyle and love to mental health to fitness and nutrition. Interested in writing for us? Super — We’re excited to read your work! Jump over to our contact page and send 2-3 writing samples, a few potential ideas for article topics and a little bit about yourself.
Before you click over though, we want to provide you with everything you’ll need to know about writing for our health website. So if you are a health and nutrition writer with a passion for what you do, read on:
Why write for Body+Mind?
There are a few reasons why you should consider writing for Body+Mind.
Our site provides a space to explore some very new and exciting health-related topics. So, by writing for our health website, you’ll be joining a community of writers trying to spread wellness and improve the lives of our readers.
On the topic of our readers, you’ll be writing for an audience of health and wellness enthusiasts that are genuinely interested in learning more about their own health and mental wellbeing. This can help you build your portfolio, build new professional opportunities and connections and even more, develop a sense of fulfillment by helping others!
But understand that if you are not a health professional, you should not guarantee that any of your tips or suggestions are fool proof ways to fix health conditions or illnesses.
Finally, we value each and every one of the writers that we work with! We love to read all of your new perspectives, ideas and takes on the different topics in the health niche. Here at Body+Mind, we strive to provide you with a supportive community with open communication and expectations.
Before submitting, check out a few of our guidelines below.
– Our writers cover topics related to health. We’re happy to consider articles that are a little bit outside of that scope if our editorial team deems them to be relevant and of interest to our audience though. Our categories include: Body (Beauty, Fitness, Food), Mind, Lifestyle (Love) and #Healthgoals.
– High-quality content that is relevant, face-driven, research-based and easy for our audience to understand.
– Any claims made should be backed by reputable sources.
– We do like useful and actionable listicles, but we are also open to Op-Ed pieces as well. If you aren’t sure if your article works, submit it and we can tell you.
– You should be able to write an article of at least 800 words.
– Your tone should be informative, fun and friendly! If the topic is heavier, then change your tone accordingly.
– We typically use 2nd person for our pieces, but 3rd is also acceptable.
– If your article has already been published elsewhere, it will be rejected unless you’ve clarified that you’re submitting it for syndication consideration.
– If it is clear that your article is solely for SEO purposes, it will not be published. If you’re interested in sponsored postings, feel free to download our media kit and get in touch.
– We reserve the right to edit and remove elements of your work.